Monday, March 9, 2009

Excellent Weekend!

John came home on Wednesday night!

It was so nice to have him home for a long weekend. This is the first time he has been home since Thanksgiving, but it seems like it was a much longer time span. When he was home Thanksgiving weekend, there was such a whirlwind of activity; between Thanksgiving Dinner, Black Friday shopping and the baby shower...we had only a couple hours to visit. I was going to make certain this weekend was not a replay!

Thursday afternoon was spent with E and the baby. It's hard to believe the youngest member of our family is already a month old! She is getting so big and is very alert! Uncle John enjoyed holding his littlest niece. Here is a great picture of the three of them.

John and I went over to my mom's for lunch on Friday. It was such a pleasant afternoon.

John was able to catch up with friends on Saturday and Sunday. He also went by to visit with J&K and the two sweet girls. The weather could not have been more perfect, we had high temperatures in the 70's and beautiful skies.

I am so very proud of the man he has grown to be. The military has certainly built his confidence and maturity. However, he still has a sparkle in his eyes and the best smile in the world.

Forever my son, forever my baby!

30 comments:

Bagman and Butler said...

What a wonderful weekend you must have had. I'm happy for you.

Call Me Grandma said...

So glad you had yourself a nice weekend. The weather sure was nice.

What a handsome son you have.

It does not take long for our little one to grow up. We have got to savor every moment.

skywind said...

To each country to pay tribute to soldiers defend their homeland. Pay tribute to the families of servicemen. To the soldiers who pay tribute to his wife and mother. Salute! !
Health is the Greatest Happiness
The World at The Present

Michelle said...

How cool for you to have John for the weekend. He is looking good. And that baby is to die for. You are such a lucky mom.

And Shay will always be my baby, even when she has babies of her own.

Kat said...

That sounds like such a lovely treat for you weekend. Have a wonderful Monday.

Alice said...

Sounds like you had the perfect weekend!

Love the pics.

Grandpa-Old Soldier said...

It is great when they come home for a visit. Luck for me mine live within two block of us.

Tami said...

AM,
I know you are still walking on a cloud after having John home. The pictures are beautiful.


aam

lola said...

What a wonderful weekend with family! I enjoyed the pictures!

Tonjia said...

yay! yay! yay! and he looks awesome.

I am so happy that you had a good visit, please give him a hug for me next time you see him!

Midlife, menopause, mistakes and random stuff... said...

How handsome he is Airman Mom!!
And look at that sweet baby girl he's holding. Your heart must be bursting with pride :)

Steady On
Reggie Girl

Amanda said...

I'm so glad that you had a wonderful weekend ~ you certainly deserved it!

Unknown said...

Your grand daughter is beautiful! Congratulations!

Fragrant Liar said...

Handsome young man, there Mama. Congrats on getting to spend time with him and your other family members too. I just love family -- especially mine!

We heard that both of my sons-in-law are getting out of the military in about six months, so we are excited to have them back home with us.

Unknown said...

B&B...good memories were made...life is good!

Unknown said...

grandma...thank you for your kind words. You are soooooo right, they grow up far too fast!

Unknown said...

skywind...thank you for stopping by.

Unknown said...

michelle..it is so true, they are forever our babies! I miss him so very much....already!

Unknown said...

kat...thank you for your kind words and I wish you a good week!

Unknown said...

alice...I am so grateful you took the time to stop by!

Unknown said...

grandpa...you are SOOOO lucky! The visits are priceless!

Unknown said...

aam...I know you understand! Thank you!

Unknown said...

lolabery...please know it means so much for you to stop by and leave your words!

Unknown said...

tonjia...John did look amazing! He is so sure of himself and so very 'together'... I could not be any more proud of my baby!

Unknown said...

RG...you got it right, absolutely bursting!

Unknown said...

amanda...your kind words are appreciated!!!

Unknown said...

megryansmom...she takes me right back to when my daughter was in my arms!

Unknown said...

FL...please know that your SIL's are my heroes! Please thank them for their service! Our world is a better place because of them!

MightyMom said...

just cain't beat that with a stick!

Unknown said...

mightymom...Well said! Thanks for stopping by!