Friday, May 1, 2009

AirmanMom's MOST Favorite Month of the Year!!!!


May is Military Appreciation Month!

I encourage all who read this blog to visit the site, 11th Annual Military Appreciation Month. It has outstanding ideas how to participate in this important month of showing thanks to our troops.

If you live close enough to an airport which welcomes our troops home, please take the time to attend such an event at least once.

Write a letter to a soldier!

Send a package to a soldier!

Talk about our military in a respectful and grateful manner!

Pray for each and every Airman, Soldier, Sailor and Marine. Pray for their families who love and miss them so. Pray for our leaders. Pray for our country!

14 comments:

Sarge Charlie said...

shucks, I appricate them 12 months per year.

Wonderful World of Weiners said...

Awesome reminder.

Hallie :)

Julie D said...

I would love to send a package. Where?

Coffeypot said...

Done! And I always do.

ABNPOPPA said...

And I thought it was because it the month I was born. Shucks! Military Appreciation Month was my second guess, although like Sgt. Charlie and I am sure you, I appreciate them 12 months of the year to!

AIRBORNE ALL THE WAY, Sir!

Pops

MightyMom said...

hmmm might be a good time to finally get a penpal.....care to recommend anyone?

Unknown said...

sarge...I, too appreciate them each day of each month, it is nice to know there is an awareness month for those who may take our military for granted.

Unknown said...

hallie...I thank you for stopping by. You and your hubby are in my prayers!!!!

Unknown said...

julie...please send an e-mail to: t20837@yahoo.com I will pass along MudPuppy's address to you!

Unknown said...

coffeypot... It is deeply appreciated, as you know all too well!

Unknown said...

pops...you MUST tell me which day of this month is your birthday! I knew there was another reason to celebrate this month :)

Unknown said...

mightymom...Please send me an e-mail: t20837@yahoo.com
I will send you MudPuppy's address.

Midlife, menopause, mistakes and random stuff... said...

Count me in AirmanMom.
Thank you again for what you do to recognize our soldiers lovely lady!!
We can NEVER call enough attention to them and we can NEVER rapay them for all they do. We can recognize and pray for them daily though right?
You're awesome :)

Steady On
Reggie Girl

Unknown said...

rg...our prayers are needed and well deserved! What our soldiers do for us every minute of every day deserves recognition. I thank you!