Monday, November 30, 2009

The Holidays Have Arrived!

Happy Monday Morning!
Hopefully everyone enjoyed a long weekend; filled with family and lots of food.
Perhaps like me, you were out early Friday morning to take advantage of the Black Friday sales.

Yes, the Holiday Season has arrived.

The malls and stores are decorated, and even Santa Claus made his yearly appearance at the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade.

Yes, the Holiday Season has arrived.

While we scurry around to find the perfect gift for our loved ones... let's remember the men and women who serve our nation and will not be home for Christmas.

I ask you to join me and mail a package filled with 'pieces of home' to our soldiers. Wrap a few extra gifts and brighten the day of a warrior. Make a donation to the USO. Sign up with SoldiersAngels or AnySoldier.Com to adopt a soldier. I've even attached a list of items to send along:

Baby Wipes (great for dusting)
Deodorant
Toothpaste
Toothbrush
Dental Floss
Mouthwash
Body Wash
Hand and Body Lotion
ChapStix
Visine
Sunscreen
Q-Tips
Puzzle Books (Crossword, Sudoku, Word Find)
Decks of Cards (don't forget Uno)
Small Hand-Held Games
Snacks (Individually wrapped)
Drink Mix (Individual packets for water bottle)
Pop Tarts
Pringles
Granola Bars
Beef Jerky
Cookies
Power Bars
Candy (No chocolate-it melts) Jolly Rancher, Twizzlers and Mints are great!
Beanie Babies (Soldiers give to children in region)
Pens and Notepads with envelopes (postage not needed)


May Almighty God protect each and every Airman, Soldier, Sailor and Marine.
May God Bless those who take care of our soldiers.

8 comments:

Sarge Charlie said...

this is a very thoughtful post, I am cooking Snickerdoodles and sending them to my personal hero.

enough for him to share.

Coffeypot said...

I am working on mine. I think Chief will be home for Christmas or shortly after. Good news for a great man and his family.

ABNPOPPA said...

Thanks for reminding me. My soldier is coming home for Christmas but I know there are many who won't. Guess I better get some packages together.

Pops

Unknown said...

sarge...you are a blessing to our troops! (whoa, did I hear Snickerdoodles?)

Unknown said...

coffeypot...I believe Chief will be home after the first of the year. My shop has had donation boxes in both locations, I'll be getting these items boxed up and shipped this week! We are so fortunate to have such amazing men and women serving our nation.

Unknown said...

pops...please pass along my warm thanks to your soldier!

Unknown said...

coffeypot...I heard from chief this morning-he is coming home early next year via BWI. If there is any way you can be there with me...awesome! (this invite is for all, of course!)

-lisa- said...

Thanks again for the reminder! We're putting together a box this week. We've got a Marine Mom at work and we're sending enough for her son to share with others.

Have a great week!