Saturday, January 2, 2010

Twenty-Ten's Perfection...

Mr. Webster defines the word, 'perfection' as the quality or state of being perfect: as a : freedom from fault or defect : flawlessness b : maturity c : the quality or state of being saintly

Hubster and I had a New Year's Day which was nothing less than perfection.

We attended an Operation Welcome Home event of an unscheduled flight. Chief was on this 'unscheduled' flight, because his scheduled flight was due to arrive on December 30th! He began his journey home on December 27th! Four delays later, Chief landed on U.S. soil. God is Good!

Awesomely Amazing is how I describe meeting this hero. I have e-mailed Chief for months now, while he was deployed to Iraq. Good Earth (where I work) held a Soldier Drive...we gathered and mailed nine boxes of goodies, which Chief was kind enough to distribute to Airman and Soldiers while on his convoys. The box of toys sent, were distributed to the Iraqi children at a Rec Center. Awesomely Amazing!

I asked Chief to let me know if he was coming home via BWI (Baltimore)...he replied that he would be returning home and his first stop would be in Baltimore. Little did we know all those days ago...how much frustration would fill the days to follow.
It matters not, at this point.

Chief is home!

Here are our photos:
(Our first glimpse of Chief coming through the security doors, a bit fuzzy but priceless!)

(We are so grateful for the Information Desk/Photo Takers of the world! Hubster, AirmanMom & Chief with a goofy AM homemade sign! Ask my kids, I am huge on making silly signs!)
(Hooray! One last security line! Next stop..Wright-Patterson! Home!)

May Almighty God Bless Chief and his family (did I mention he has two ultra-cute sons?)
I thank God my sons know the 'Chiefs' of our world.

14 comments:

Coffeypot said...

Thank you for the pictures. It's good to know and see that Chief is home.

Mike Golch said...

thank you for the photos.I hope that you and all of your family have a fantanstic New Year.That's right I said that!

Unknown said...

coffeypot...please know your support of Chief and all our military is deeply appreciated!

Unknown said...

mike...I do thank you for your kind words, my friend!

Bag Blog said...

That does sound like a great day. I have never met any of my soldiers personally, but we got an email today from one of our past soldiers. He said he wanted to thank my daughter and I again for our support. I don't think he knows how much we enjoyed supporting him with letters and packages or how much it meant to us - we are thankful for him.

MightyMom said...

oh Happy Dance for Chief!!!

and AM, I had no idea how beautiful you were!!

Unknown said...

bag blog...it never ceases to amaze me when attending an OWH event, our soldiers thank US! For almost two years, I've been involved with OWH and each time the security door opens, I become teary eyed just by the sight of soldiers returning home! Each and every soldier deserves to know they serve a grateful nation!

Unknown said...

mighty mom...I join you in a happy dance! your kind words are always deeply appreciated. Happy New Year, my friend!

-lisa- said...

I'm always so thankful when one of our finest arrives home safely! So happy for you to be able to be a part of it all! :)

Keri J J said...

so glad he arrived safely! i was wondering about his status. so he's stationed at wright patterson. isn't one of your airman there as well? (i may be mistaken on that one!)
great pictures!
Happy New year to all.

Unknown said...

afwing mom...it was an honor to welcome Chief home. Truly, every soldier returning home safely is answered prayer!

Unknown said...

keri...thank you for your kind words. Good memory! My youngest son is at Wright-Patt, which is how I learned of Chief.
I do wish you and yours a happy, healthy and prosperous Twenty-Ten!

Caroline said...

So glad Chief is safe back on home soil. Happy New Year to you & yours & thankyou for following my little blog down under this past year. Caroline

Unknown said...

caroline...may you and your family know much happiness in Twenty-Ten!