Saturday, February 13, 2010

Faceless



U.S. soldiers of the 4th Battalion, 23rd Infantry Regiment, 5th Brigade, 2nd Infantry Division, stand next to a Stryker armored vehicle in the Badula Qulp area, west of Lashkar Gah, in Helmand province, southern Afghanistan, Saturday, Feb. 13, 2010. This unit is operating in support of a U.S. Marine offensive against the Taliban in Marjah area.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

When I first saw this photo, it struck me as to how many soldiers are fighting for us. So many unknown faces.

Yet... day after day, week after week, month after month...these brave soldiers are there for me. My face is unknown to them.

We are faceless to one another; yet my heart is filled with gratitude.

6 comments:

Coffeypot said...

Well said!

-lisa- said...

I agree with Coffeypot - very well said!!

Lela said...

Amen....Amen....Amen!

Unknown said...

coffeypot...thank you, my friend!

Unknown said...

wing mom...I appreciate your visit!

Unknown said...

lela...isn't it funny how things sting your heart?