Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Talking Tuesday

Summertime!

Our little Village of Poolesville has been experiencing intolerable 'DC August' weather since the beginning of June. As I have mentioned before, I work in a Garden Center..so I have been getting the full sweltering experience of our extreme weather. That being said...before I gripe too much, I have to stop and think of our soldiers suffering through their deployment in Afghanistan and Iraq wearing full body armor. This image, stops me in my tracks and puts a lid on my complaining real fast!

I've learned from being on my feet for 8 hours in 103 degree heat and crazy humidity there comes a time when water is simply no longer refreshing. Gatorade, specifically 'G2 Grape' stuck in a freezer until it becomes crystalized...brings relief!

So, Talking Tuesday asks....for those of you who have served, what brings relief when serving in the desert or jungle? For those who have not served, please feel free to chime in as well.

Your turn.............

4 comments:

Bag Blog said...

I had similar thoughts a few years ago when my daughter and I were painting the house in 100+ temps. As sweat poured off of us, I mentioned that at least we were not having to work in the heat with full body armor. Just that thought kept us from whining or complaing.

Sarge Charlie said...

In the bush we would pray for rain, as bad as that was it was better than a tropical jungle. Of course after the rain stopped, it really got bad.

Travis Erwin said...

We all complain but it is important to remember there is always someone who has it worse. Thanks for giving me that perspective today.

joyce said...

Dear Airman mom---whatall did your son enjoy in your packages? my son won't get his big bag of stuff he packed until september, so we are mailing him stuff to help him. James in not a sweet lover, except for dark chocolate. school supplies are so cheap now---I am wondering if packages of pens would be good to share with the children?