Monday, July 5, 2010

Walk to Remember...

Hubster and I woke early on the 4th of July and drove to D.C. We met up with a friend I had not seen since High School (long time ago!) Patty and I reconnected thanks to FB...just months before her 27 year old son died. She was in D.C. to attend the Compassionate Friends-Walk to Remember conference. There was Walk this morning, and I told her it would truly be an honor to walk with her in memory of her son. Honestly, I do not know Patty's pain...so all I could do was listen to her as she shared stories of her only child...who is now gone. We walked along the "Memory Wall" and read the names of all the faces. Beloved faces of children who have left this earth, leaving their parents to hold an empty space in their hearts.

Please keep Patty in your prayers... she is hurting. Please join me in prayer for all the moms and dads who know a pain, many of us cannot even begin to imagine. As much as I do focus on our military, I now know there are so many parents who face each new day...without their child. It matters not; if it is the war, a drunk driver, a bullet, an accident, an illness or a drug overdose...many parents live with an inconsolable pain. They must face each day without their child.

May Almighty God protect each and every Airman, Soldier, Sailor and Marine.
May God comfort the hearts of those who have lost a child...

1 comment: