Monday, July 11, 2011

John is Deploying!


Yep...you read these words correctly!

A little while back I received the call from John and his bride, on their one week wedding anniversary. He is due to depart two weeks after his son enters the world. John will be overseas for six months.

This sucks.

I mean...this really sucks!

This young couple, both of them only 22 years old, married for only a few months and a baby boy on its way. John told me his Colonel asked how he was doing with the news of his deployment... John's answer was simple, "It's why I put my boots on, Sir."

Oh dear God, I love my son. I am so proud of him. It looks like it is time for a healthy spoonful of my famous Vegetable Soup of Emotions!

My daughters and I have decided to throw a BabyShower/Deployment party for this young couple when they come home later this month! It is our way to show how much we love this new little family, that our intention is to be prayer warriors and remain their support system.

I ask each of you to keep John, Di and my grandson in your prayers.

May Almighty God watch over my son and bring him home whole in body and mind.
May Almighty God watch over this sweet new mom and their sweet little boy.

13 comments:

Coffeypot said...

Amen and will continue to do so.

joanne said...

Oh, I'm so sorry to hear this, what a rough way to start their new life together. Your party sounds wonderful and I am sure they will love and appreciate it all. Will keep good thoughts for the family...take care.

Unknown said...

coffeypot...I thank you!

Unknown said...

jojo...thanks so much!

Bag Blog said...

Your John sounds like a good man. He and his little family will be in my prayers.

Sarge Charlie said...

I will be here holding your hand while he is deployed, AMEN.

Mike Golch said...

you got it kiddo.

Debbie said...

Oh my goodness...

I think the party is wonderful idea and a good time will be had by all. I will keep them in my prayers...

((Hugs)) and you :)

Unknown said...

bag blog...your prayers will be so deeply appreciated!!!

Unknown said...

sarge...you mean so much to me. Thank you!

Unknown said...

mike...thanks so much. I know you have a great group of prayer warriors...Perhaps you could make mention when he departs?

Unknown said...

paxie...I thank you from the bottom of my heart!

Unknown said...

Will definitely add them to my prayers..and remember, always up for sending care packages and mail, just give the word when needed!!